City of Toronto Swimming Pool Permit
City of Toronto Swimming Pool By-Law Requirements:
- Minimum 1.2m (4ft) set back from property line.
- Pool legal enclosure fence must be at least 1.2m (4ft) from the edge of the pool with a minimum height of 1.2m (4ft) on single residential properties and 1.8 (6ft) on multiple residential properties.
- Pool must only be accessible by self closing and latching gates – if a wall forms part of a pool enclosure, it cannot have any doors or windows opening into the pool area.
- Soft scape must be greater than 50% of the surface area of the rear yard.
- Minimum 0.6m (2ft) of soft scape to be left undisturbed around the property line.
All applicants must obtain a Zoning Certificate before applying for a Pool Enclosure Permit.
Zoning Certificate Submission Requirements:
- Existing site plan
- A site plan showing:
- pool and property dimensions;
- pool equipment location;
- distances to the house and lot lines;
- location and dimensions of any doors and windows in the house adjacent to the pool area;
- location, height and material of proposed fence; and
- percentage of hard versus soft landscaping.
- A completed Application for a Zoning Certificate for Pool Enclosure
Submit requirements in .pdf form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your Zoning Certificate is approved, you must apply for a Pool Enclosure Permit at City of Toronto’s Municipal Licensing and Standards Division.
- Pool Fence Enclosure Permit Application Form
- Zoning Certificate
- Zoning Approved Site Plan
City of Toronto Fees: $198.59
Golden Water Aquatics Proposed permit site plan and application assistance fees $500 (Homeowners are responsible for submission and city fees).
*Not including any forestry reports and permits if needed.
*Not including Conservation Permits and approvals if applicable.